Job Title: 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - Reception
Availability: Full Time
About the School:
This lovely primary school in Ealing is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Primary Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil in their Reception class. The successful candidate will have previous school experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN) students, particularly with ASD, both verbal and non-verbal pupils. The school is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
About the Role:
As a Primary Teaching Assistant, you will be working closely with a pupil in the Reception class who requires additional support due to their SEN. Your main responsibilities will include providing 1:1 support to the student, assisting with their learning and development, and implementing strategies to promote their progress. You will also collaborate with the class teacher and other support staff to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Previous experience working in a school setting, preferably with SEN students
- Pro-active and dedicated to supporting the learning and development of students
- Experience working with students with ASD, both verbal and non-verbal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Minimum of a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Additional qualifications in Special Educational Needs (SEN) would be advantageous