We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant to support a Year 3 child with a history of trauma who presents with extreme challenging behaviour. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing one-to-one support to the child, ensuring their safety and well-being throughout the school day.
As a Teaching Assistant, your primary responsibility will be to establish a positive relationship with the child, building trust and rapport to help them feel safe and secure in the school environment. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SENCO to implement strategies and interventions to support the child's learning and social and emotional development.
- Provide one-to-one support to a child with challenging behaviour, ensuring their safety and well-being at all times
- Build a positive and supportive relationship with the child, using strategies to help them feel safe and secure in the school environment
- Implement strategies and interventions to support the child's learning, social and emotional development
- Work closely with the class teacher and SENCO to monitor the child's progress and provide regular feedback
- Prepare and adapt resources to support the child's learning and development
- Help to maintain a positive and inclusive learning environment for all pupils
- Attend relevant meetings and training to support your professional development and stay up-to-date with best practice
- A positive and resilient attitude, with the ability to remain calm and patient in challenging situations
- Experience of supporting children with challenging behaviour, preferably in a primary school setting
- A good understanding of child development and strategies to support social and emotional well-being
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
If you are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children and have the skills and experience to support a child with challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you.