We are looking for a dynamic, creative, resourceful and experienced manager for Extended Services that supports children attending our breakfast club and our after-school provision.
A passion for working with children and the ability to maintain a fun, happy and secure environment is essential.
To provide day-to-day management, quality childcare provision and supervise support staff in Extended Services which includes Breakfast Club, After School Club and Holiday Scheme.
You are required to hold a relevant NVQ3/A level qualification and have experience working with children in the 3-11 years age range.
Hours: 25 hours per week (term time only) -
Breakfast club 7.45am - 9.15am
Extended Day 2.30pm - 6.00pm
Monday to Friday. Hours are negotiable to the successful candidate.
Must be willing to work in school holidays. This will include a different working pattern eg. 8.30am- 4.30pm (7 hours).
Main duties include:
• Planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and
• Providing comprehensive care for the children.
• Providing support and supervision to play workers and volunteers.
• Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
• Proving food and refreshment and ensuring that hygiene and health and safety standards are met.
• Holding staff meetings and conducting regular reviews and appraisals for staff.
• Experience working with 3-11 year olds
• Proven leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• At least two years' experience of working within a childcare setting