About the job:
No coding experience required! Just a love for teaching, and an energetic and outgoing approach to the classroom. We have many teachers who have learned coding through music, digital design, physics, and a wide variety of other disciplines. We welcome, and encourage, a broad spectrum of approaches to coding.
Rates starting at:
• Online: £21 - £35 per hour session
• In Person: £25 - £53 per hour session
(These rates will increase annually depending on your performance and length of service!)
• In Person: Central and South London
Hours: Flexible between 3pm and 6pm - one to five days per week
Are you passionate about coding, technology, or digital arts? Do you love inspiring children to become digital makers and teaching them how to master coding? We’re looking for dedicated and creative individuals to join our community of teachers face-to-face.
BlueShift education is London’s premier coding educator and has been teaching children aged 5 - 16 a creative approach to coding and robotics since 2013. We have a huge roster of active clients demonstrated by the 160+ online courses we’ve run since March and the 40 clubs we run during term time in over 20 schools over London. We also lead over 10 weeks of holiday camps and facilitate thousands of hours of 1:1 tuition across the year. We develop and test all of our own teaching materials and offer a best in breed computing education whilst ensuring a creative and excitingly themed delivery. Our ethos is to inspire children with the creative possibilities of code and show them all the things they can make using technology as a tool.
We are looking for vibrant teachers who are confident in leading a class face-to-face. Our classes cover game-making, app development, creating art, and engaging with various robotics and electronics platforms. Our lessons are developed for emphasising computational thinking and encouraging project-based work that uses technology to solve real-life problems.
What we expect from you:
• Preparing and vibrantly delivering online and face-to-face classes
• Communicating any feedback regarding lessons and content with the office team
• Providing regular and detailed reports about student progress
• Establishing and developing long-lasting relationships with parents and schools
• Being a positive, influential, and outgoing ambassador for BlueShift’s service
• Implementing creative ideas in entertaining and supporting BlueShift’s student
What you can expect from us:
• A young, supportive and friendly team
• A huge roster of exciting coding and robotics resources
• A chance to create your own imaginative content
• A commitment to your personal and professional development with regular training opportunities
• An annual pay review and bi-annual performance review
• Exciting socials throughout the year to reward your hard work
We want to hear from you if:
• You have experience teaching
• Or you have studied coding at university level, or a related field, or have completed relevant training
• You love working with children
• You are enthusiastic about technology’s creative possibilities
• You are available to work afternoons (3 - 5pm) during term times