Teaching Assistant and Midday Supervisor
Grade C £10.50 p/hour
Term time only
Fixed term variable hours contract (initial hours of 20 hpw TA and 5 hpw MDS)
Start Date: As soon as possible
School is a friendly, welcoming and forward-thinking primary school in Newquay and is part of
Kernow Learning Multi Academy Trust in Cornwall.
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join our skilled TA team. Experience of working in a primary school classroom
is essential and the ideal candidate for this role will have good communication skills and a real enthusiasm and
enjoyment of working with children to support them to be their very best. This is a fixed term variable hours contract
with initial hours of 20 hours per week and is linked to a Midday Supervisor role of 5 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be :-
• a caring and warm individual who is able to work effectively as part of a team
• committed to their own professional development and continual self-review
• committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all children
• able to build a strong rapport with children and have a developing understanding of the national Curriculum
• an excellent classroom support with behaviour management skills
• able to lead learning with individuals or groups of pupils
• A supportive school community, committed to the wellbeing of staff and pupils
• Access to wellbeing services (including 24/7 GP helpline, mental health support, counselling, physio, etc)
• A commitment to staff CPD
• Local Government pension scheme
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for further details.