SEN TA's required at a great secondary school in Bromley. Working hours are 8:10-4:10pm monday to friday!
About the Role:
- The role of a Secondary Teaching Assistant is to provide support to teachers in the classroom, assist with planning and delivering lessons, and work with students on a one-to-one or small group basis.
- You will be responsible for helping students with special educational needs, including those with learning difficulties, behavioral issues, or physical disabilities.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the SEN Coordinator and teachers to create tailored support plans for students, monitor their progress, and provide feedback to both students and teachers.
- As a Secondary Teaching Assistant, you will also assist with administrative tasks, such as preparing classroom resources and maintaining student records.
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant, ideally within a secondary school setting.
- A relevant qualification in Special Educational Needs (SEN) or a willingness to work towards one.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students and establish positive relationships.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt teaching strategies to meet the individual needs of students.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.