Are you looking for a career in education where you can positively impact the lives of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities? Or perhaps you are ready for your next role in education.
This SEN Teaching Assistant position within a St Ives school starts as soon as you are available, and you don't need to have qualifications to apply - induction and training will be provided.
If you feel passionately about transforming the lives of young people and are a flexible and creative thinker who can maximise pupil engagement, this could be the perfect role for you
Ideal candidates will have:
• A passion for supporting children who face challenges in education
• Experience / knowledge of traditional SEN – ADHD, ASC,ASD, MLD, PMLD, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome, Dyslexia, 1:1 work
• Have a caring, patient, and empathetic personality who is confident in dealing with challenging behaviour
• SEN experience is an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given. An understanding of special educational needs and disabilities would be advantageous.
Main Purpose of the job:
• To take a pro-active role in the support of the educational, social and physical needs of the pupils; to support the curriculum and the school through the provision of assistance to the teacher in the practical organisation of class activities and small group work. To meet the needs of pupils with specific needs for learning support in relation to severe physical, learning and complex behavioural difficulties.
We can offer you:
• Choice and Variety – giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
• Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
• Safe Working Practice – ensuring your reputation is protected
• A consultant dedicated to you that will assist and support you
• An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
“Opus Education Recruitment is committed to safer recruitment and promoting the welfare of children.
All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Please note: Opus Education Recruitment will not pay for new DBS checks, this will be billed directly to the candidate”