Pastoral Support in a SEN School!
About the Role:
- Cover in a school that supports young people with Autism, speech, language, and communication difficulties.
- Providing support to the class teacher and students with special educational needs.
- Assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Behavior Support Plans (BSPs).
- Supporting students in their academic, social, and emotional development.
- Collaborating with other professionals, including speech and language therapists and occupational therapists, to support students' progress.
- Maintaining a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Assisting with personal care and hygiene tasks as required.
- Supporting students during recreational activities and outings.
- Essential: Experience working with young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Desirable: Previous experience in a school setting or relevant youth work.
- Essential: Previous experience dealing with challenging behavior in children and young people.
- Desirable: Restorative or SEMH training.
- Desirable: Positive handling experience.
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Additional training or certifications in special educational needs or behavior management are advantageous.
At Zen Educate, we prioritize work-life balance and offer better pay for teachers and teaching assistants. We understand the importance of finding the right role, and our hands-on support ensures that you are matched with a school that suits your skills and preferences. Join our community today and experience the benefits of Zen Educate, where your professional growth and well-being are our top priorities.