This lovely independent, non-selective school are looking for an inspiring science teacher to teach Science as a discrete subject across Key Stage 2 and as directed by the Headteacher. Enabling the children to achieve the highest possible standards through the delivery of consistently outstanding lessons. You will also be responsible for the coordination of the subject across the school.
All teachers are expected to help pupils meet high standards of behaviour, appearance and punctuality, and a purposeful attitude to work.
Teachers are expected to;
- Use effective reward and sanction procedures to ensure good discipline.
- Where required set regular meaningful homework and mark it in accordance with school policy.
- Ensure punctuality at lessons.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Differentiate work to meet the needs of individual pupils.
- Support pupils and monitor their pastoral well-being, liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- Safeguard the general health and safety of pupils.
- Communicate and consult with parents.
- Participate in all relevant meetings; whole school, departmental or other.
- Undertake to carry out supervision, cover for absent staff and duties as required.
If required contribute to the extra-curricular activities offered at school.
Participate in the weekly duty system as set out in the published information.
Create and effectively display pupils’ work conducive to a positive learning environment.