We are seeking multiple dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistants to join our primary school team. You will be working primarily with younger pupils in EYFS and KS1 who have EHCPs, and some experience of working with autism and non-verbal pupils is preferred.
The successful candidates will have a willingness to provide personal care and support these pupils in their daily learning and development.
The time will be rotated between supporting pupils 1:1 and just generally supporting the class, so you are not always working 1:1.
* Supporting the classroom teacher in planning and delivering individualized learning programs for pupils with EHCPs.
* Providing one-to-one or small group support for pupils who require additional help in their learning.
* Encouraging and promoting independence, confidence, and self-esteem in pupils with special educational needs.
* Supporting pupils with physical disabilities, including assisting with personal care where necessary.
* Monitoring and recording progress and development of pupils, and liaising with the classroom teacher and other professionals as required.
* Experience working as an SEN Teaching Assistant, ideally with younger pupils in EYFS and KS1.
* Knowledge and understanding of EHCPs and experience in implementing individualised learning programs.
* Experience working with autism and non-verbal pupils preferred.
* A willingness to provide personal care and support pupils with physical disabilities.
* Good communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with pupils, staff, and parents.
* A positive and caring attitude with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
The roles are full-time, with some positions available to start immediately and others to start in September. The school is part of a multi-academy trust and utilises technology-based learning, so experience with online teaching platforms would be advantageous.
To apply, please express your interest in the job posting. Relevant experience and qualifications will be discussed during the interview process. We look forward to hearing from you.