Role: SEND Teaching Assistant (Full Time)
A SEND school based in Birmingham is seeking a SEND Teaching Assistant to join the team on a long-term basis. This role will involve working within their EYFS department, which caters for students from Nursery to Year 2 (aged 3 - 7 years) with a diagnosis of ASC and severe (SLD) or profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). The class sizes are very small, with an average class size of 9 pupils, and there are 3 teaching assistants and a teacher across the school.
The school is committed to investing in its staff and will provide support and training for Makaton, PECs, and other SEND-related training to upskill staff who have a passion for SEND. Some experience working with SEND, either within a school setting as a carer or foster carer, is required to apply for this role.
About the Role:
- Full-time position as a SEND Teaching Assistant
- Working within the EYFS department, supporting students aged 3-7 with ASC and SLD/PMLD
- Small class sizes with an average of 9 pupils
- Collaborating with 3 other teaching assistants and a teacher
- Previous experience working with SEND, either in a school setting or as a carer/foster carer
- Passion for supporting students with ASC and SLD/PMLD
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute positively to the school community
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
At Zen Educate, we are committed to supporting our teachers and teaching assistants in finding the right role that suits their needs. We understand the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible working options and opportunities for part-time or full-time positions. In addition, we strive to provide better pay for our education professionals, ensuring that their hard work and dedication are rewarded. Our team is also available to provide hands-on support throughout the job search process, ensuring that you find the right role that aligns with your skills and interests.