We are looking for a Reading Assistant to work with groups of our pupils.
32.5 hours a week, working Mon-Fri 08:30am - 3:30pm. Term-time plus 5 inset days.
Developing pupils' literacy skills is a key priority. We require a reliable, enthusiastic and organised reading assistant with experience of leading reading groups to work with pupils on our Reading Intervention programme.
You will work across the school under the guidance of our English lead and class teachers to support us in our core offer of ensuring all children leave as fluent readers.
Some children will be new arrivals with little or no English, some will have additional needs, and some simply require a short-term boost to catch up.
Applicants will be patient, with the ability to listen and build constructive relationships with our pupils.
Knowledge and experience of phonics is essential (Little Wandle is preferred but full training can be given), as is experience of using effective behaviour strategies.
Experience of delivering effective fluency intervention programmes is desirable.
You will be inheriting an expertly set up programme with full assessment data and new resources.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Accelerate the progress and attainment of children who have fallen behind age related expectations in reading
- Work closely with our English and Assessment leads to closely monitor and track progress and attainment
- Be able to work independently, knowing when to seek support and when to show initiative
- Build relationships with the children and colleagues within the school and community;
- Establish and work in effective partnerships with families and the wider community;
- Demonstrate high expectations for children’s learning, behaviour and personal development;
- Motivate and support children with their learning;
employ a range of effective positive behaviour management skills;
- Show that they are energetic, enthusiastic, flexible and resourceful.