In this role, you will be instrumental in supporting a class of 3 pupils who present with varying forms of ASD. These students do communicate, but they also exhibit diverse behaviour challenges. Your expertise will contribute to creating a supportive and engaging learning environment tailored to their unique needs.
- Develop and implement individualised education plans (IEPs) that address the diverse communication styles and behaviour challenges of each student.
- Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes effective communication and addresses behaviour challenges.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including speech therapists, occupational therapists, and support staff, to ensure a comprehensive approach to student development.
- Utilise evidence-based teaching methods to engage students and facilitate their learning, considering their varying communication styles and behavioural challenges.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- Teaching certification with a focus on special education.
- Prior experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, especially those with varying communication styles and behavior challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with parents, colleagues, and support staff.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students with diverse needs.
- If you are a dedicated educator with a passion for supporting students with ASD, we encourage you to apply for this fulfilling position.