We are looking for an SEN TA to work at a specialist provision in Central Leeds, with students with SEMH needs.
About the Role:
- Full-time position as a SEN Teaching Assistant at an SEN school in Leeds.
- Supporting children aged 5 to 16 with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
- Assisting the class teacher in delivering tailored lessons and activities.
- Providing one-on-one support to students who require additional help.
- Creating a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Collaborating with the SEN team to develop and implement individual education plans.
- Assisting with the management of challenging behavior and implementing strategies to promote positive behavior.
- A passion for working with children with SEMH needs.
- Experience working with SEMH students is preferred but not required.
- Team Teach certification is desirable but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students.
- A positive and proactive attitude towards making a difference in students' lives.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.