A lovely, welcoming primary school in Hounslow (near Sunbury-on-Thames) is looking for multiple full-time SEN and general class Teaching Assistants to support children of all needs throughout the school. The school prides itself on offering a caring, nurturing, and inclusive provision where children can make progress, achieve well and develop their own unique skills and talents. With on site parking, it’s a three form entry primary school which also provides access and support for pupils with a full range of Special Educational Needs that one would expect to find in an inclusive mainstream primary school, with a designated Speech, Language and Communication Centre which caters for up 20 pupils.
- Multiple roles available with staff needing to be comfortable working as both SEN and class TAs, therefore being flexible and proactive within the role is key.
- Main needs you’ll be supporting as an SEN TA are speech and language, SEMH and ASD, so there’s a real variety, with a mix of 1:1 and small group work.
- The school is looking ideally for immediate starts, and they are very open to taking great staff on permanent contracts.
Most importantly, the school is on a journey to becoming an outstanding primary school, therefore it is essential staff match their enthusiasm for success. The school needs outgoing, caring and dedicated individuals to nurture the best outcomes for the pupils. This school has fantastic opportunities for professional development & continuous support from their specialist staff. Pay can be up to £100 a day if you can impress during a paid week-long trial, which the school is more than happy to arrange to give you a real taste. Experience is by no means required, so this is a great opportunity if you’re looking to kick start a career as a class or SEN TA, or just develop your existing skills further.
The hours for this role are 8.30am - 3.30pm.
The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant should:
- Have experience or passion for working with children with SEN.
- Have experience or passion for working as a class TA
- Be flexible, proactive and patient
- Be nurturing and caring in your approaches
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
- Have a Background in Education, Care, Psychology or Drama, as these are very transferable.
- Training or experience in non-verbal communication is ideal, but a willingness to learn is essential. For example Makaton, PECS