6 hours a day Monday to Thursday. (8.45 to 3.15pm) 30 hours per week, term time only.
General Purpose of Job:
Under the direction of the SENCo, the LSA will run specific programmes and activities to assist the pupil’s individual learning and social needs. The LSA will be responsible for implanting the targets on the pupil’s educational plan in liaison with the Class Teachers and the SENco. To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
Support for Pupils
1. Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes,
including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
2. Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
3. Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and
responding appropriately to individual needs.
4. Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
5. To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside the classroom and
provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games, visual prompts etc.
6. Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
7. Provide reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
8. To facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between
9. To make and modify resources as suggested and advised by SENCo, Educational
Physcholgist or other outside agencies.
Support for Teacher
10. Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display
of pupils’ work or books.
11. Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievement and report to the teacher as agreed.
12. Undertake pupil record keeping as requested.
13. Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour