This primary school in Brent are looking for someone to support students with SEMH needs. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to develop their SEND skills, lots of training and support provided.
About the Role:
- As a Primary Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
- You will work closely with the classroom teacher to provide individualized attention and support to students, helping them to overcome challenges and reach their full potential.
- Your role will involve assisting with classroom activities, supporting students with their learning, and promoting positive behavior and social skills.
- You may also be required to work with small groups or individuals on specific learning interventions, as directed by the teacher.
- This is a full-time role, with regular working hours from Monday to Friday.
- Previous experience working with children, particularly those with SEMH needs, is highly desirable.
- A relevant qualification such as a Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you will be working closely with students, teachers, and parents.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to remain calm under pressure are important attributes for this role.
- You must have a genuine passion for supporting children's learning and development.