In this role, you will be instrumental in supporting a class of 5 non-communicative pupils who rely on various devices for communication. Your warmth, patience, and dedication will contribute to creating a positive and inclusive learning environment where every student can thrive.
- Develop and implement individualised education plans (IEPs) tailored to the unique needs of each student.
- Cultivate a nurturing and inclusive atmosphere that fosters the overall development of students with ASD.
- Utilize different communication devices and strategies to enhance students' ability to express themselves effectively.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including speech therapists, occupational therapists, and support staff, to ensure a holistic approach to student development.
- Employ innovative and evidence-based teaching methods to engage students and facilitate their learning.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field.
- Teaching certification with a focus on special education.
- Prior experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, particularly those who are non-communicative.
- Familiarity with various communication devices and a willingness to adapt teaching strategies to meet individual student needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with parents, colleagues, and support staff.
- If you are a nurturing and dedicated educator with a passion for supporting students with ASD, we encourage you to apply for this fulfilling position.
Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of students with ASD in the United Kingdom!