We are a small school near Queen's Park in Westminster, and have a vacancy for an SEN TA to work with a Year 1 student with ASD. We are seeking an upbeat, positive, and consistent individual who can make a positive impact on the student's learning journey.
Children with ASD - supportive in terms of reading, phonics
Being able to set up work stations, thinking about supporting them with regulation when they come in in the morning
On particular child finds it difficult to separate from mum in the morning. Being kind and caring. Things consistently in place
- Knowledge and understanding of working with students with ASD
- Ability to support with setting up work stations, reading and phonics
- Assisting with emotional regulation, as one child finds it difficult to be separated from their parents in the morning
- Consistency in your practice
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport with students, parents, and staff
- A patient and nurturing approach towards students with special educational needs
Apply for this job and you will hear back within 48 hours!