This Brent Primary School are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join their team on a full time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a child in Year 1 who displays challenging behaviour. Although the child does not have a Special Educational Needs (SEN) diagnosis, they require additional support to manage their behaviour effectively.
As a TA with a Behavioural Support Focus, you will work closely with the class teacher and the SENCo to develop strategies to support the child in the classroom. You will provide 1:1 support to the child, using positive behaviour management techniques and modelling appropriate behaviour. You will also work with the wider class to promote a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Provide 1:1 support to a child in Year 1 with challenging behaviour
- Work closely with the class teacher and SENCo to develop strategies to support the child
- Use positive behaviour management techniques to support the child in the classroom
- Model appropriate behaviour and promote a positive and inclusive classroom environment
- Monitor and record progress and feedback to the class teacher and SENCo
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Experience of and passion for working with children with challenging behaviour
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of positive behaviour management techniques
- Passion for working with children and supporting their development
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children