Year 1 SEN TA - working 1:1 with a child with autism. Full-time until July 2023
Primary school in Haringey • Full Time
Posted 3 months ago
We are seeking an experienced TA to join our team to provide 1:1 support to a Year 1 child with autism and challenging behaviour. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the class teacher, SENCO, and other professionals to create a safe and inclusive learning environment that meets the unique needs of the child. The role involves providing academic, behavioural, and emotional support to the child in order to enable them to access the curriculum, develop their social skills, and build their self-esteem.
- Work 1:1 with the child to provide academic, behavioural, and emotional support
- Support the child in accessing the curriculum and adapting activities to suit their needs
- Assist the class teacher in planning and delivering lessons that are tailored to the child's learning style and abilities
- Implement behaviour management strategies in consultation with the class teacher and SENCO
- Monitor the child's progress and provide regular feedback to the class teacher and SENCO
- Foster positive relationships with the child and their family, providing regular updates on progress and any concerns
- Attend training sessions to develop knowledge and skills relevant to supporting children with autism and challenging behaviour
- Collaborate with other professionals involved in the child's care, such as educational psychologists and occupational therapists
- Experience working as a teaching assistant, preferably in a primary school setting
- Experience working with children with autism and challenging behaviour
- A good understanding of child development and learning
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others
- A positive and patient attitude towards children with additional needs
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the child and the school
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
This is a full-time position, with hours of work from 8:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday during term time.
The salary for this position will be competitive and dependent on experience.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children with additional needs, and have the skills and experience required to support a child with autism and challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you.